Anger Management Counselling Vaughan Services
Uncontrolled anger can cause a lot of hurt and damage if it goes unchecked. It is not uncommon for anger to have cost people their relationships and careers. Some unfortunate people have even lost their lives due to uncontrolled and unmanaged anger.
Everyone experiences anger and expresses it differently. It is a human emotion after all, albeit a powerful one. Anger management counselling is an effective way that can help you deal with uncontrolled emotions.
However, it is important to understand whether or not you have an anger issue. It is because; very often, the individuals who have this problem do not know or fail to admit that they have an anger management problem.
How do you know if you have anger issues?
Unlike a person feeling irritated or frustrated, anger can manifest in an uncontrolled burst of energy. It helps if you can identify the symptoms of anger. The symptoms can be both emotional as well as physical. They can include:
- Uncontrolled rage
- Negative thoughts which involve hurting oneself or others
- Feeling overwhelmed
- Pressure in the head accompanied by headaches
- Palpitations of the heart
- Tingling of the limbs
- A sudden spike in blood pressure
What can cause anger?
Anger can be triggered by different things in different people. However, the most common identified causes of anger are:
- Extreme frustration
- Family or personal problems
- Emotional and/or physical abuse
- Lack of self-care
- Financial difficulties
- Toxic environment
- Overwhelming circumstances at work, school, or family
- Not getting heard or ignored
How can I benefit from anger management counselling?
Apart from helping our clients identify with the cause of the anger issue, there are many other benefits you can expect when you step into Family Matters Counselling. These include:
- Understand that anger has a cycle involving cause and effect
- Learn the dynamics and the psychology of anger
- Identify the root cause of the unmanaged anger
- Identify the triggers
- Learn how to express the emotions positively
- Learn helpful techniques such as negotiation, dealing with conflict, how and when to use objective language and subjective language as well as solution building
- Learn to practice de-escalation of anger
- Learn physical relaxation techniques
Our approach to anger management counselling
Anger is more than a manifestation of strong emotions. We understand that everyone has different triggers and different ways of expressing anger. At Family Matters Counselling, we help our patients in Vaughan to not only deal with the anger.
We identify the root cause, the psychology as well as the cycle of anger. Then we equip our clients with techniques, both mental and physical, to manage it. A typical private counselling session can be three hours, but it is subject to the situation of our client.
Our anger management counselling Vaughan sessions are available for individuals as well as for couples. We also have workshops with flexible timings to suit your needs. Irrespective of the trigger and the level of intensity, we are confident that your life will be transformed when you undergo anger management counselling with us.